Wednesday 4 February 2009

Intro to cameras and risk assessment

I was given an intro into using the cameras and the risks of using it outside the college. I learned how to use different functions of the camera to enable us to film like playing, rewinding and fast forwarding. I was told to always put the camera on a tripod in order to keep the shot steady and still, so that the shot does not look shakey. However, the hand-held method of using the camera could be used at certain points depending on the story/plan of the filming. I was advised not to use the zooming function as it would make the shot appear as if it is a 'home video' and to always adjust the camera to auto focus. Risks to be considered were to avoid dropping, getting the camera wet and most importantly not to lose the camera and equipment rented with it. I was taught the '180 degree rule' when filming a shot only on one side of 180 degrees as this will allow the shot to view on one way. I was also advised not to take the camera and equipment to a far location incase a problem or a fault occurred to the equipment, like battery shortage or misplacement of tape.

No comments: