Saturday 28 February 2009

Planning, filming and editing PRELIMINARY TASK

Me and my groups next filming practical was to film a character open a door, walk into a room, sit down opposite another character and share a few lines of dialogue, making sure to use at least one match cut, an example of shot/reverse shot and showing my understanding of the 180 degree rule.

Me and my group were assigned to a random room to plan and film this brief in a double lesson and edit and include sound in the next single lesson.

Plan
We had thought of as many different shots to make it interesting, including a match cut and the 180 degree rule. To our advantage we used the props in the room as apart of our filming.

We developed this brief by having a girl sitting down tapping her fingers looking back and forth at the clock. We then see a shot of a boys footsteps towards the room of the girl and then see the boy stop at the door and look at the girl. The girl looks at the boy and says: What you doin' here?
The boy does not respond and walks across the room to a seat across the girl. The boy says: I know what you did?

I played as the boy
Nasneen played as the girl
Tasnima done the filming

Shot List:
1 Medium shot of Nasneen sitting down at a desk tapping on the table
2 Close up of Nasneens hand tapping on the table
Medium close up of Nasneens face looking at clock
3 Over the shoulder shot of Nasneen looking at clock
4 Close up of the clock
5 Low angle shot of my feet walking towards door
6 Side view of me walking towards the door stopping leading to an over the shoulder shot of me looking at Nasneen, Nasneen seen in the background by the desk sitting down turns her head to me saying: What you doin' here? (Not showing any part of my face)
7 Point of view shot of Nasneen watching walk across the room - Match cut
8 Medium shot of me from behind walking across the room and making my way to sitting down (Not showing any part of my face) - Match cut
9 Close up of my lips, I say: I know what you did?
10 Shot/Reverse shot of a close up of Nasneens face putting her hand over her mouth appearing shocked and surprised

Filming
We has 3 hours to film and had shot all the required shots we needed. We had also filmed other shots we had thought up. Unfortunaly, I think we did not use teh 180 degree rule as we ran out of time and was not completely sure how to use it with the space of the room to keep both the characters in the shot, but managed to get a match cut in the final clip.


Editing
We edited the shots together on Final Cut Pro and found it easier to process because of the past experience of editing my first film task. It was much more easier to put together and getting the timing of the match cut was successful, however on this task, we was required to include sound to help emphasis the mood of the atmosphere of the short film. We was given a short tutorial of how to create and develop a soundtrack for our film on Soundtrack Pro and found it difficult to produce and develop a track that timed as long as the clip and for it to suit and emphasis with the film. I had merely experimented with the different types of sounds, beats and instruments in order to put some sort of diagetic soundtings together. Parts of the soundtrack was not completed and was left as.

No comments: